The wonders of scientific and medical breakthroughs never seize to amaze everyone. Nowadays, it’s really remarkable how smart drugs can actually help boost your brain’s ability to think and work under stress, stay alert and productive for many hours, and keep track of large amounts of information. Below you will find out about 5 smart drugs that will be so beneficial during your day-to-day activities and your life in general.
Some Statistics on Smart Drugs
There are recent studies that say cognition hacking is appealing to a large number of adults and students. There are studies that show evidence that pharmacological enhancement drugs are on the rise within the workplace, where drugs approved by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration, like Modafinil, has become very popular among people who are having problems sleeping. It’s become fairly easy getting Modafinil in Australia as your doctor can prescribe it to you if you’re suffering from an ailment related to sleep disorders. With the younger generation, there was a survey that was conducted in 2016 and it found 15% of students at the University of Oxford were taking pills to stay competitive, a rate that was closely equal to the findings from other national surveys on university students in the UK. In the US, there was a 2014 study that found 18% of sophomores, juniors, and seniors at Ivy League colleges had knowingly used enhancing stimulants at least once during their academic career. And from the same study, it showed 24% of students had used a little helper on eight or more occasions.
The Commonly Used Drugs
Now that you know these smart drugs are more common than you think, here’s a list of some of the most popular:
- Adderall: Also known as Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine, this drug was mainly approved to treat people with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). But a lot of people are using this drug for other reasons such as an aid while studying or to stay alert and focused during times of pressure. It does come with possible side effects though, other than the possibility of getting addictive. Some common side effects include anxiety, weight loss, sweating, insomnia, lower libido, and nausea.
- Donepezil: This drug is known also as Aricept and is used by a lot of people because it’s said to help improve your overall memory. Also, it can aid you in completing certain complex tasks. The common side effects of it are sleeping problems, loss of appetite and vomiting.
- Selegiline hydrochloride: This is known also as L-Deprenyl, it’s used mostly because it’s believed to help boost your overall mood. It can also make you pay more attention and plan better. It’s recommended not to be used with other drugs, and its known side effect is a sudden high blood pressure if it’s taken in high doses.
- Piracetam: This is well known and generally tolerated nootropic drug. It’s believed to enhance your memory, concentration, and learning. It does so by improving the blood flow to your brain. Some side effects include nervousness, anxiety, balance problems, and possible allergic reactions.
- Creatine: This drug is commonly used to build muscle mass and improve strength, but studies have shown that it can also enhance your mental function when you’re sleep deprived making you focus more and improve performance. The common side effects include stomach problems, weight gain, and anxiety.
Use at Your Own Risk
There are so many other kinds of smart drugs that can help you in so many ways. But as much as they offer a lot of good benefits, they come with the bad stuff too when used excessively. So be safe and use only when you really need it and don’t abuse your intake.
Image Source: pixabay.com