The ketogenic diet is different from other diet plans, mainly because it’s high in fats and ketone and lower in carbohydrates. The keto diet helps the body reach a natural metabolic state and enhances the body to use ketones for energy. Fats in the human body can be utilized as a fuel source for almost all the body cells. When you’re starting the keto diet, you will most likely notice an increase in energy, the main reason being that you’ll be avoiding high-glucose and high-carb food. But how exactly do you achieve this as a beginner?
Here are some Australian keto recipes for those who want to start the diet or want to cut down carbs.
1. Blueberry Smoothie
The blueberry keto smoothie can be made with yoghurt or protein powder. It’s perfect after a workout or on breakfast if you like. This smoothie is light and gives you energy. To prepare the blueberry keto smoothie you will need:
- ¼ cup Blueberries.
- One cup of coconut milk or almond milk.
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract.
- 1 tsp coconut oil or MCT oil
- 30g protein powder or yoghurt.
The keto frittata is the best option for those who want a quick and healthy meal to start their day. The word frittata is an Italian word that means fried. And it’s basically an egg-based dish that looks like an omelette but with additional ingredients such as, vegetables, meat, and cheese.
To Prepare the Keto frittata you will need:
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium brown onion
- 150 g bacon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ whole red sweet bell pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
To make the frittata, you’ll need to
- Heat the skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
- Cut the red pepper, onion, and bacon into small pieces and cook it until the bacon’s colour is golden.
- Add the eggs and the parmesan in a bowl and stir until they are well combined.
- Pour the eggs and parmesan mixture into the skillet.
- Add the remaining parmesan on the top of the skillet and place it under the grill for 4 minutes.
You can slice the frittata into portion and store it in the fridge for up to five days in airtight containers.
1. Grilled Chicken Salad
The keto grilled chicken salad will keep you satisfied for a long time as it’s a mix between chicken, cobb salad, and bacon pasta. It’s perfect if you’re just starting the keto diet and you want a satisfying and easy meal to prepare.
You will need:
- 2 tbsps. parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 slice bacon
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
And for the dressing you will need:
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to cook the grilled chicken salad:
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the chicken on a baking tray and add oregano, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake it for 15 minutes.
- While baking the chicken, you can cook the bacon in a frying pan for 10 minutes or until it’s crispy
- Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice in a bowl until they’re combined well.
- Slice the lettuce and add the dressing.
- After the 15 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven.
- Slice the chicken into strips
- Add the dressing to parmesan cheese and add them all to the chicken and bacon.
There are a lot of other easy Australian keto recipes that you can follow if you’re willing to start the keto diet. And for this reason, it’s always advisable to get more helpful information online or directly from professionals in order to make sure that you’re starting it right. The ketogenic diet has a lot of benefits, and you will be able to see fast results.
The Ketogenic diet is all about lowering carbs and eating more fats. If you’re not sure whether you’ll be able to follow the keto diet or not, you can start first by lowering carbs. The recipes mentioned above will help you start your ketogenic diet. Instead of wondering what to eat each day, you can make more portions and keep them in the fridge for the whole week. That way you will know what you’ll be eating for the week, and you’ll be able to maintain the diet.