WA Based Promoters Macro Music Turn The Tables And Create A World First Covid Safe Music Festival Format
WA promoters Macro Music are thrilled to present a brand new COVID Safe music festival format to be rolled out in a world-first at the forthcoming Good Day Sunshine (5,000 capacity) festival in Busselton WA on October 31st, 2020.
Developed by Macro Music CEO Ross Macpherson, the new in the round format will see the event site split into four separate areas, each named after famous surf spots in the region;
Cobblestones, Windmills, The Point & Injidup. With a revolving stage in the centre, aptly named The Turntable Stage.
The reduced capacity of each area (1250 pax each) decreases the risk of any virus spread, lowers the numbers for contact tracing in the event of an outbreak and allows the space needed for patrons to observe the current WA restrictions of 2sqm per person.
Each area will operate as an individual event, with its own entry, exit and amenities, resulting in shorter wait times for bars, food outlets and loos. Large LED screens draping the stage will provide perfect vision at all times, while the static sound system means consistent, perfect sound quality across the whole event site.
Patrons will be allowed to select which area they want to be in to ensure they can attend with friends and family via a secure online booking system before arriving. Once they are inside the entry gate, they remain in that area for the duration of the event.
“We are excited to roll out this format for Good Day Sunshine. It will be great to have music events of a larger capacity rolling in Australia again,” said Ross Macpherson. “We have been working with the local council, police, health and various other stakeholders to ensure the format complies with the current COVID guidelines for WA. All have been incredibly supportive of our ideas. We will be monitoring the situation, and we are in constant contact with the relevant stakeholders. Should the situation in WA change, we will work to whatever guidelines are needed. The health and safety of our patrons and the state of WA are our top priority. And of course, if a situation arises that prevents us from going ahead, we will be prepared to refund tickets.
I would be flattered if this format was to be used by other events in Australia and across the world. The sooner we can get large scale live events back up and running, the better for everyone. I am excited to see what innovation comes from this pandemic; it is a great opportunity for some creative thinking from the live music community.”
WHAT ARE THE COVID SAFE MEASURES BEING IMPLEMENTED:
- Larger event site to allow for 2sqm per person
- Event site split into four segments of 1250 pax, each having their own amenities, entry and exit.
- Signage and super screen messaging throughout the day reminding patrons to physically distance
- Led by a chief COVID-Safety officer, dedicated teams will frequently top up hand sanitiser stations and clean any shared facilities including toilets, furniture and bar tops throughout the day with approved surface products.
- Patrons will be encouraged to bring picnic blankets and low back chairs to create their own social bubbles within the event site.
- Patrons will be able to choose the segment they attend and will remain in that segment for the duration of the event.
- Utilising our ticketing partners, we have contact details for all ticket purchasers in case contact tracing is required post-show.
Good Day Sunshine generates employment and income opportunities for local and Perth based businesses, and with over 70% of Good Day Sunshine patrons travelling from the Perth Metro area, the WA Tourism stats indicate the average stay is 3 nights and each person spends ~$140 per day, an injection of almost $1.5m to the region via accommodation, cafes, restaurants, bars, shopping for the weekend.
Good Day Sunshine will take place on October 31st, at Barnard Park on the Busselton Foreshore, tickets are about to sell out. If you would like to be a part of this world first and join John Butler, Xavier Rudd, Josh Pyke, Vikki Thorn, Kyle Lionhart, Dulcie and Moon & Honey making history, head over to gooddaysunshinefest.com