The future is bright at the Australian Museum (AM) with the return of their famed Jurassic Lounge after-hours party for adults on Saturday 16 June, 2018.
Jurassic Lounge 2099 will transform the AM into the ultimate space-age playground with an ultra-futuristic line-up of music, performances, interactive games and pop-up bars.
The special Saturday night program features DJ beats, virtual-reality experiences, sci-fi storytelling, a silent disco, giant dance lessons and an interactive wormhole installation through time and space.
Jurassic Lounge 2099 is produced in conjunction with Vivid Sydney and the Supanova Comic Con & Gaming expo.
Sci-fi fans will also enjoy an exclusive after-hours performance among the priceless treasures in the AM’s permanent galleries, which showcase scientific specimens and cultural objects.
Jurassic Lounge brings the nation’s first museum to life after-hours for lovers of sci-fi, live music and good food and drinks.
Australian Museum Director and CEO Kim McKay AO said Jurassic Lounge 2099 offers visitors a great opportunity to see the museum in a different and futuristic light.
“Jurassic Lounge will teleport the Australian Museum to the year 2099. As well as having great fun, it’s an opportunity to understand about the challenges facing our planet this century and to spend a Saturday night exploring Australia’s first museum in a futuristic way,” she said.
Jurassic Lounge 2099 features:
- Mz Rizk DJ: Party like it’s 2099 with one of Australia’s most innovative tune spinners.
- Travis De Vries – storytelling in the land of the nightfall: Be lured into the Shaman’s cave and hear stories from the great sci-fi writer Isaac Asimov, re-configured and retold by artist and theatre-maker, Travis De Vries.
- Silent Disco: Light up the dance floor with wireless headsets and dance in complete silence while two DJs battle it out for your allegiance.
- Upcycled Plastic Craft: The future is made of plastic that people today leave behind. Turn plastic junk into wearable funk with artist Jane Gillings.
- Wormhole: Take a journey through time and space with this interactive wormhole installation. Where and when will you emerge?
Best-dressed competition: What will you be wearing at the dawn of the 22nd century?
When: 7pm – 10.30pm, Saturday 16th June
Where: Australian Museum – 1 William Street, Sydney
Tickets: Ages 18+ only – $25 pre-booked; $30 on the door (subject to availability)