With the need for reliable, experienced support workers to supply services to homecare consumers in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs growing week on week, we are looking at new ways to help meet demand.
If you hold a current NSW drivers licence but without access to a vehicle, and are keen, enthusiastic, and like the thought of bike riding, then read on!
Bower YNA is seeking to put together a small team of experienced contracted support workers to visit clients on company supplied motor scooters on runs around the eastern suburbs (and further afield, if required). We will provide the vehicles, made available on generous weekly hire-purchase terms (although you are welcome to bring your own bike to the scheme if you already have one).
As a well-established community provider possessing Aged Care Approved Provider and NDIS supplier status, we receive services from many sources, including brokerage from a variety of Community Service Providers seeking assistance with covering their clients in suburbs around Sydney’s East and City/surrounds. We regularly have short-term, one off, as well as on-going services to cover with duties ranging from the provision of high and low-level personal care, light domestic duties, social support, companionship and transportation. The staff we are seeking may be interested and experienced in providing any or all of these duties as we have room for a variety of skill mixes.
- A boutique, highly personable service
- Membership of a great new and innovative team
- Attractive hire-purchase terms for buying your bike (if required)
- Discounts for displaying company branding
- Regular hours for you as a Contractor
- A competitive flat-fee per hour
- A variety of work options, daily and on-going
- Access to our online rostering App
- Online training and development opportunities
- Support 24/7
We strive to provide a high quality service to our providers and consumers and seek workers that possess much more than just the practical skills for the delivery of personal care services. Not only must our staff have the appropriate skills to be able to efficiently perform their duties, we also seek those who possess the right values, personality and commitment to ensure the needs of our consumers are consistently being met under CDC provisions.
All applicants must possess:
- A current NSW drivers licence
- Motor bike riding interest or experience
- Registered business status in order to be able to work as a contractor
- Your own relevant business insurances
- 3 months recent practical experience providing services in a relevant, local work environment (e.g. in-home care, nursing or group home, hospital, etc)
- Current work rights in Australia
- 2 buisness related references
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Current First Aid Certificate*
- Current National Criminal History Record
- Working with Children Check
- Certificate III or above (Aged Care, Home & Community Care or Disability)
- Current Manual Handling certificate*
* We can assist you with these.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in joining an innovative, progressive scheme, please contact us now to lodge an application!