If you’re pitched up in Darwin and looking for your next move, then Darwin’s best hostel, Melaleuca On Mitchell Recommends the 2017 XXXX Gold Alice Springs Cup Carnival.
A full month of racing in the Northern Territory at Pioneer Park Racecourse this April is the perfect NT activity for those of you who enjoy a flutter on the geegees.
- Saturday 1st April Imparja Members Day – lots of raffles, prizes and just a full day of fun.
- Saturday 8th April Gem Cave Ladies Day – “Gem Cave Ladies Day Luncheon”.
- Saturday 15th April McDonalds Young Guns Day – First class racing plus the Young Guns 18-35’s Party Marquee & a live band after the last race.
- -Saturday 22nd April, Coca-Cola Family Day. Great kids activities and more great racing. Children under 16 – FREE (with an adult).
- Friday 28th April kicks off the biggest weekend of the Cup Carnival! The XXXX GOLD Cup Luncheon, followed by the Clacutta and the Inglis Red Centre Yearling & Tried Horse Sale – held inside at the Convention Centre.
- Saturday 29th April, Lasseters Race Day. Featuring the running of the club’s premier sprint race, the $100 000 Holdfast Pioneer Sprint.
- Saturday Evening – Lasseters Cup Carnivale at the Alice Springs Convention Centre.
- Monday 1st May, XXXX GOLD Alice Springs Cup Day. #OutbackRaces, the biggest day of the cup and the running of the $110 000 XXXX GOLD Alice Springs Cup.
Find out more here
Book on an Alice Springs to Uluru Tour