For many of you the option of studying a course in Australia may be the most affordable way to extend your stay. Do your research and if you study the right course, you could also benefit from being on a pathway to applying for another Australian work visa. Whilst on a student visa you are allowed to work for up to 40 hours per fortnight and unlimited hours during school holidays. Partners, spouses and children may also be added as secondary applicants to the Student visa.
Top advice on Australian Student Visa Applications
There are some things to be mindful of if you are considering study as an option to extend your stay in Australia. Blue Bay College on the Gold Coast give some top advice to BBM readers:
- Keep in mind the start dates of courses (in particular University courses) and application deadlines. These are usually the longest and require some extra paperwork, including translations and certificates.
- Get in touch with your prospective colleges at least 3 months before your current visa expires, this will give to time to budget your visa and find the correct course and college for you.
- Make a decision on your course as promptly as possible. This will allow you to work on your letter of offer and any requirement you might need to meet (IELTS for instance)
- If providing an IELTS is one of your requirements either for applying to the course or visa, it is always good to have enough time to prepare yourself for the test and to book in advanced as places for taking the test are limited and you don’t want to miss them.
- Make sure you have recieved confirmation of enrolment (CoE) from your chosen college of acceptance onto your course. This evidence will be required when applying for your student visa.
- Visa processing times vary and we advise that you apply as early as possible allowing at least 4 weeks for you visa application to be processed.
Study with Blue Bay College
So if you are considering the option of extending your stay by undertaking a a qualification check out the selection of courses on offer at Blue Bay College on the Gold Coast of Australia. Sun sea, sand and studies – life doesn’t get much better than that!
Address: Suite 1. Level 1. 72 Nerang Street Southport Queensland 4215
Tel: +61 7 5661 6945
Email: [email protected]