Last month we brought you ‘Poms In Sydney’ and this month we’re heading over to the West Coast with our friends at ‘Poms in Perth’. Becoming an expat and moving to a new country on the other side of the World can be a daunting prospect, but now you can connect with like minded people who have all done it before and who like to help each other out on community driven Facebook pages.
This month, Poms In Perth Recommend the best:
The helpful Poms of Perth have recommended over 170 spots to eat on the Facebook page; here’s some of our top picks, ranging from cheap eats to more upmarket spots.
- Leapfrogs – recommended as a great place for a relaxing brunch, this cosy café in Wanneroo is known for its wood fired pizzas (including dessert pizzas). It even has a mini golf course on site! 25 Drovers Place, Western Australia
- The Boatshed – one of the most respected restaurants in Perth, The Boatshed is renowned for it’s spectacular 180-degree views of the Swan River, Perth City and Kings Park and excellent modern Australian cooking. Coode St Jetty, South Perth, Western Australia
- Catalano’s Café – craving Italian? Dip into this family run restaurant for authentic homecooked dishes. Albany Hwy, Victoria Park, Western Australia
Looking for Perth’s best national parks and beaches? Look no further than ‘Poms…’ to suggest some must-see sights.
- Quinns Beach – recommended by not just one but three Poms, this beach spans the entire Quinns rock suburb and is great for dog walking, barbequing or simply relaxing.
- Pinnacles National Park – Scattered through the desert in their thousands, some metres high, this collection of rock formations is one of WA’s most famous landmarks and a must do for any newbie, as recommended by the Poms of Perth.
- Penguin Island – 45 minutes south of Perth and home to a colony of around 1200 little penguins, a trip to this island is sure to melt your heart.
From plumbers to visa experts, ‘Poms in Perth’ has every kind of service covered in their recommendations sections. Looking for something in particular? Why not check out the Facebook page for yourself…
- Taz’s handyman services – recommended by 5 people, Taz seems to be the man to go to to solve any problem! Offering everything from re upholstery to window repairs, this service has over forty 5 star reviews.
- K9 Divine – Need your pooch pampering? K9 offers a whole range of pet grooming services using quality products suited to each dog.
- 360 Pest & Weed Management – no one wants to have to think about pests and weeds, especially if you’ve just moved into a new place. Poms recommend 360 for getting rid of all unwanted pests.
If you’re one of the thousands of Poms in Perth, why not check out the Facebook page for yourself. Visit www.facebook.com/groups
Social Media Post of The Month
Send us your top recommendations for expat and working holiday friendly social media groups and websites. Email us at [email protected] or post to our pages @bbmmagazine @movingdownunder.services