Nightlife kicks off on Friday and Saturday nights with nightclubs hosting resident and guest DJs, live music and events featuring local, interstate and international bands and artists. Check out what’s playing where during your stay in Fremantle, WA during February.
Mojos Bar at Queen Victoria Street loves original music, local and foreign, hard and soft, new and old, international touring acts and unknown locals etc.
Each month, the first Friday nights are basically Reggae nights – Fisherman Style. The second Friday nights are Hussle Hussle, presenting all manner of beat oriented live acts and DJs. Each Monday is the Wide Open Mic night which is a free entry night for punters. Apart from these regulars, the following are on during February;
- Boom! Bap! Pow! – Feb. 2
- Lady Powers – Feb. 3
- Sweetman Sounds – Feb. 5, 12, 26
- Montana Wildhack – Feb. 6
- Cassis | EP Launch – Feb. 7
- Joyride – The Sunrise Chaser Tour – Feb. 8
- Proud Mums Proud Dads (all ages event) – Feb. 9
- The Smyths – Feb. 10
- Steve Smyth – Feb. 14
- Jeff Martin – Feb. 15
- No Age – Feb. 16
- Space Carbonara – Feb. 17
- 80’s & 90’s Night – Feb. 19
- 8 Ball Aitken – Feb. 20
- King IBIS – Feb. 21
- The Pinheads – Feb. 23
- Kerry B Ryan Press. The Music of Jimi Hendrix – Feb. 24
- Vanderaa – Feb. 27
- The Garden – Feb. 28
Newport Hotel Bars
The Newport Hotel at 2 South Terrace is a beautiful heritage building that dates back 100 years. Whether you are a fan of top 40 pop, classic rock, drum and bass, hip hop, house, alternative, dubstep or indie, the Newport Hotel is your pick of the night!
- Magic Sandcastle – Feb. 1
- Classic Sets: Simple Minds – Feb. 8 / B52S + Fleetwood Mac – Feb. 22
- Bonfest Freo – Feb. 14
- Frenzal Rhomb – Feb. 17
- Throwing Copper 25th Anniversary – Feb. 21
Ball and Chain
The historic Ball and Chain at Marine Terrace and Collie Street pub dates back over 100 years. It was home to convicts before the Fremantle Prison was built.
Live music plays in Pop, rock and top 40 genres play on Friday nights from 5 – 9 pm and Saturday nights from 8 – 11 pm.