Wondering how easy it is to ship your stuff from Australia to the UK? International shipping company Seven Seas Worldwide share their shipping tips.
Moving abroad is an exciting chapter in anyone’s life but before you start unravelling the bubble-wrap and assembling the packing boxes, stop for a moment and think about all the items you’re planning to take with you to the UK. Do you really need it all?
shipping from Australia to the UK – Declutter tips
Remember the more you take, the more you pay. So here are a few tips about decluttering before you begin your new chapter in the UK.
- First of all, you may want to think twice about packing an inexhaustible supply of summer clothes and looking at other options such as storage or selling. Over in GB they have these things called ‘seasons’ which are most inconvenient.
- If you have expansive, alphabetised CD and DVD collections, we advise not to take it all with you. These collections are heavy, expensive to ship and, let’s be honest, largely redundant in this age of streaming and downloading!
- Don’t waste money shipping your old furniture overseas such as armchairs, sofas, chests of drawers and wardrobes. Treat yourself to new items when you arrive at your new destination! Naturally if you choose to sell your old furniture, you’ll be providing yourself with a financial platform for buying replacements.
- If you’re moving electrical items like flatscreen televisions, you may also want to consider the electrical power differences. There’s no point shipping such a large electrical item abroad if it’s going to create a power outage when you switch it on.
- Also, if you choose to adapt a television or other electrical item for the UK, you could invalidate the warranty.
Moving from Australia to the UK – Grocery shopping tips
Now we know what you’re thinking: If I sell a lot of household items before I move, I’m going to need to do a fair bit of shopping when I get to my new home. This is true. So here are a few reputed retail names in the UK you may want to make a note of:
- Tesco – The renowned supermarket chain is full of cut-price home entertainment these days.
- Harvey Norman – Items for living and dining, with home delivery and click and collect options. Plus it’s an Australian company, should you feel homesick.
- IKEA – Our flat-pack friends from Sweden who need no introduction.
- Euronics – Electrical and home appliances with all manner of discounts available online.
- Dunelm – Affordable furniture and bedding.
- John Lewis – Less affordable furniture and bedding.
- Wayfair – Furniture and homewares, many of them reduced for the January sales.
Once you’ve been a little ruthless and streamlined your shipment, it’s time to work out just which is the best method of moving your items from A to B. May we suggest that if you’re going to the UK, a MoveCube ® from Seven Seas Worldwide is your best bet? We have a reliable shipping network between the UK and Australia with offices and depots in both countries meaning no third party interference.
For more information, click here
View international shipping deals here
SPECIAL AUSTRALIA SHIPPING OFFER
Get 5% off your whole shipment to the UK when you quote BBM
Find out more information about Cheap shipping to Australia