Sydney houses many bars within it but who wants to be inside when it’s a nice day? If you’re a fan of getting your tan on while you enjoy a bevvy or two then check out our top 5 of Sydney’s best rooftop bars.
1. Hart’s Pub is a pub pub, not a trendy wine bar, a real pub. It’s reminiscent of a solid traditional country pub in England, good ale, nice menu and to top it off, a rooftop to relax on a sunny day. With large wooden tables and sun umbrellas, you need never leave this rooftop bar in Sydney.
Corner of Essex and Gloucester Street, Sydney, 2000
2. Shore Club is a unique 3 floored bar in Manly. At the very top is the ‘The Moet and Chandon Lounge which has an elegantly decorated luxury sundeck. Whether it’s day or night, you can’t beat their beachfront views of Steyne Beach. This is one of our favourite rooftop bars in Sydney.
36-38 South Steyne, Manly Beach, 2095
3. Zeta Bar is an overly opulent bar nestled into the Hilton in the heart of the city. It’s sleekly designed and if corporate attire and cocktails are your thing, I recommend drinking one on their amazing rooftop bar.
Level 4, 488 George Street, Sydney, 2000
4. Zanzibar is one of the well known hotspots in Newtown and in our top 5 rooftop bars to go to around Sydney. It’s luckily positioned to get full view of the sunset every day. If the weather isn’t looking too pretty then you can go down to lounge in both the Main Bar and the Cocktail bar.
323 King Street, Newtown, 2042
5. The Glenmore Hotel is an iconic and historic pub, in The Rocks. Its large rooftop garden has a view that money can’t buy, seeing over the beautiful Sydney Harbour, Harbour Bridge and Opera House. The Glenmore Hotel’s rooftop is perfect for spectacular sights of Sydney.
96 Cumberland Street, Sydney, 2000
By Sarah Wilk