Palliative Care Support Workers wanted In Sydney, paying $25 to $55 Hourly Rate via Bower Healthcare, with 3 months recent work experience.
Palliative Care Support Workers Needed
The Palliative Care Home Support Program is a government funded scheme providing end of life care packages to people who wish to spend their last days in their own homes. We are developing a team of casual support workers to be trained over a two day orientation to then assist in providing care when required to clients in your chosen territory. We currently have a need in the Northern Sydney and South East Local Health District regions.
What’s in it for you?
- Full training in caring for those that are deteriorating or terminally ill
- The chance to provide support to people when you are most needed, enabling the client to remain in their own homes
- Services will be allocated regularly as and when they are needed in your chosen territory, so on-going work is assured
- Hours range from 2 hours, to over-night stays
- A competitive hourly pay rate and excellent support from your team
- The opportunity to pick up additional support services in your area (e.g. non-palliative)
We strive to provide a high quality service to our providers and consumers and so we seek support workers that possess much more than just the practical skills for care work. Not only must our staff have the appropriate skills to be able to efficiently perform their duties, we also seek those who possess the right values, personality and commitment to ensure the needs of their clients are consistently being met.
Candidate minimum requirements
- 3 months recent practical experience in a relevant, local work environment (e.g. in-home care, nursing or group home, hospital, etc)
- Current work rights in Australia
- 2 employment or study related references
- Your own insured vehicle with current NSW driver licence
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Certificate III or above (Aged Care, Home & Community Care or Disability)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current National Criminal History Record
- Working with Children Checks (preferred)
If you meet these requirements and are prepared to make a positive contribution within a highly ethical and professional service, then we welcome your immediate application.
Please note that if you clearly do not meet the requirements and yet still apply, you may not receive a response.
To find out more about nursing jobs and community care worker jobs in Sydney visit and register at bowerhealthcare.com.au