Escape the soaring summer temperature with a trip to Australia’s South West! Explore the lush towns of Albany, Denmark, Pemberton, Augusta, Margaret River and Busselton on a South West Australia tour.
This is the ultimate alternative to Perth To Adelaide Tours if you wish to stay close to Perth, or only have a short space of time to enjoy your adventure.
Day One – Departing From Perth
Departing from Perth, day one on this group tour begins with a drive through Jarrah Forest and sheep farming country before lunch at the striking Stirling Ranges. Next up is Castle Rock and the skywalk within Porongurup National Park for spectacular views. Continue onwards to Albany and, if the weather allows, enjoy the sunset at Mt Clarence and settle down for the night at your provided accommodation in Albany.
Day 2 – Albany to Augusta
Waking up in Albany, your adventure continues as you visit the incredible natural sites of The Gap, Natural Bridge and Blowholes along the coast. Heading west towards Denmark, you get to explore the beauty of William Bay National Park, home to the turquoise waters of Greens Pool and the large boulders of Elephant Rocks that sit silently in the water. From this stunning oasis, you enter the Valley of the Giants and Ancient Empire for the breath-taking Tree Top Walk 40m above the forest floor. After some lunch, you have the option to climb the Fire Lookout Tree before travelling onwards to Augusta where you spend your final night.
Day 3- Margaret River
The third and final day kicks off with a visit to Cape Leeuwin, the most southwesterly point on mainland Australia and where the Indian and Southern Oceans meet. Next, you make your way into the Margaret River region, where you get to try the famous wine, explore a spectacular cave and visit Prevelly Beach and Surfers Point. Before heading back to Perth, you have one last stop to marvel at the Busselton Jetty, the longest of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
The 3-Day South West Tour departs every Saturday from 1st November to 31st March. From $525pp, two nights accommodation, meals, transport, park entry fees, activities and an experienced tour guide are included.
Highlights on this tour…
- The Stirling Ranges & Castle Rock in the Porongurups
- The Gap, Blowholes & Natural Bridge in Albany
- Albany township
- Mount Clarence & The Desert Mounted Corps Memorial (ANZAC)
- The Brig Amity, replica of the first ship of immigrants arriving in WA
- Greens Pool & Elephant Rocks in Williams Bay
- The Valley of the Giants & The Ancient Empire
- The famous 40 metre high ‘Tree Top Walk’
- Tour of the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse to see where the Indian meets the Southern Ocean
- Climb a fire lookout tree
- Margaret River township & Picnic Lunch by the River
- Giant Karri trees in Boranup Forest
- Surfers Point & Prevelly Beach
- Wine tasting at one of the many award winning wineries in Margaret River
- Tour in an Adventurous Cave
- The Busselton Jetty
- …and more!
View the itinerary here