Working Holiday Nursing Jobs for British Nurses in Brisbane

Working Holiday Nursing Jobs for British Nurses in Brisbane
To work as a nurse or midwife in Australia, you need to apply for and be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA). You may also need to apply for a visa issued by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.

Find Working Holiday Nursing Jobs from Bower Healthcare

Australian Nursing Registration in Brisbane

For a British nurse to work in Brisbane, you must be registered with the Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). You also must have a suitable visa with work rights. There is only one National Register which means once you have registered you can practice in any State in Australia. The registration process is different from the Visa process and as such there are different requirements applicants must meet.

Prospective applicants with qualifications may consider upgrading their nursing qualifications or opting to complete a Board-approved nursing bridging program in Australia. It is advisable to carry out research into the cost of completing further studies in or outside Australia as course fees may vary significantly.

Find Working Holiday Nursing Jobs from Bower Healthcare

Australian Visa for Nursing Jobs in Brisbane

British Nurses and midwives are currently listed on the List of Occupations for the purpose of the Australian General Migration and Employer-Sponsored visa applications.

The current Australian Skilled List include the following nursing and midwifery occupations:

  • Midwife
  • Nurse Practitioner
  • Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
  • Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
  • Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
  • Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)
  • Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
  • Registered Nurse (Medical)

Which Visa?

Skilled Migration – this Visa is for applicants wishing to settle in Australia on Permanent basis. This visa comes with great benefits, such as full work rights in any job and for any employer in Australia for the main applicant and spouse/partner. Children can attend public schools and you can enroll for Medicare, Australian Healthcare System. 

Employer-Sponsored Visa – this visa is for applicants who would like to move to Australia on temporary basis. You need to have a job offer and sponsorship from an eligible Australian sponsor to apply for this visa. You must work for the nominating employer whilst your visa is in force

Working Holiday Visa – This is a 12 months visa, which comes with work rights. The Visa condition prevents applicants from working for anyone employer for more than 6 months

Like this, Read this: Nursing job Sydney for working holiday visa holder