If you want to move to the UK from Australia because you have a preference for unpredictable weather, better television, smaller spiders or are simply moving back home, then you’ll need to start planning the logistics of it straight away – like yesterday – because the more you plan ahead, the less stressful your move to the UK will be. Here are a few pointers from Seven Seas Worldwide to help you stay ahead of the game and keep your nerves under control while shipping from Australia to the UK.
• It doesn’t matter whether you’re moving in a month or a year, try to get your hands on as many cardboard boxes as you can and start packing. Packing one box each day is easier and a lot less stressful than trying to pack everything on the last day.
• You should pack as many things in each box as possible – the more tightly-packed your possessions are, the less chance there is of them rattling around when you start transporting them. This means your treasured breakables are much more likely to make the journey in one piece.
• If you send anything via sea or air freight, you’ll need to be aware of the maximum weight allowance for each box. If you think you’ve exceeded the maximum weight allowance, the best thing to do would be to weigh them on your bathroom scales at home. If you stand on the scales holding the box, all you need to do is subtract your own weight from the total.
• Of course, if you’re going through Australian customs, you’ll need to be ready to have your boxes checked. These ladies and gentlemen are thorough with a capital T. Okay you’ll be leaving Oz and not entering but they still may want to have a dig around so be prepared for possible but minor delays.
• If you’re packing treasured possessions, you should really take insurance to be on the safe side.
• And if you are packing any fragile items remember to wrap them safely or surround them with softer things such as bed linen or towels. Your items are going on a long journey and experiencing several different modes of transport; don’t take any risks.
• You may also want to consider storage, particularly if you’re moving to rented accommodation and have yet to find a permanent place to live.
So that’s just a short checklist of things you’ll need to remember prior to booking your flight from Australia to the UK and waving goodbye to the unbreakable sunshine. And should you need any further information or assistance, don’t forget to check out the Seven Seas Worldwide site; they provide a range of services for those moving abroad.
Don’t forget to get 5% off your shipping. Just quote BBMAus15IP05 when booking.
Log on to www.sevenseasworldwide.com for more information.
Find out more information about Cheap shipping to Australia