What To Look For In A Migration Agent In Melbourne Australia

Jobs in the Uk

Immigration advice and assistance can be provided through migration agents.  These services may be helping applicants lodge visa applications or applying to the Migration and Refugee Division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for review of a visa decision.
Migration agent in Melbourne
However, it is important to note that these migration agents are registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).In order to be registered with OMARA, the agents have to demonstrate that they have sufficient knowledge of migration law and procedures.  They also have to prove their integrity and fitness to provide immigration assistance.
Migration agents can advise if a visa application is likely to succeed.  However, they are not authorised to make visa decisions and cannot influence outcomes.  Only the Department of Immigration and Border Protection makes decisions about visa applications.
Some agents work for voluntary organizations and provide their services for free of charge.  However, most of them charge a fee for their services. It is important to bear in mind that it is against the law for someone in Australia who is not registered with the OMARA to provide you with immigration assistance.
Before you select and sign an agreement with an agent, consider the following matters;
Does the agent have the right skills and experience to help you?
Can he advise about visa options, help to lodge a particular type of visa, advise on a particular type of visa, advise about how likely it is for your application to succeed and why?
Can he help you with the steps to take?
Is he an agent who is also a lawyer?
What language does the agent speak?
Does he speak your language?  Or can he arrange an interpreter?
What does the agent charge?
What does the agent charge for his services?  What are the extra costs?
(ex: visa application charges)
Ask to give it in writing how much he charges as his fee.
Has the agent given you a contract to read?
An agent must give you a written agreement (contract) with their fees and services, as well as a written receipt for any payments you make.