Situated off the East Coast of Australia, Fraser Island is a popular destination for those looking for their slice of action whilst on their East Coast adventures. The world’s largest sand island, Fraser or ‘K’gari’, it’s a traditional name, presents endless beaches, crystal clear lakes, wild rainforests and rugged coastline as well as a stunning array of wildlife.
Best Time of Year to Visit Fraser Island
Although you may wonder when the best time of year is to book Fraser Island tours, you’ll be pleased to know that Fraser is a wonderful destination all year round. Of course, there are varying seasons, but on Fraser, it’s quite easy to have all seasons in one day. One minute you can be driving through an epic monsoon and the next you’re out on the beach in the blazing sunshine. That’s why it’s important to make sure you pack sensibly.
What to Take to Fraser Island
It’s always tricky trying to narrow down your essentials whilst travelling, but if you’re worried about what to pack for a Fraser Island tour, then fear not. There are a few handy essentials that will keep you comfortable during your Fraser Island tour and if you’re trying to travel light, then check at your mainland accommodation whether they can house your bigger luggage for a couple of days so you can keep things breezy!
- Sunscreen – without a shadow of a doubt, your essential for everyday life in Australia!
- Sunglasses and a hat – ideally one that will have a brim to protect your neck, face and ears!
- Swimsuit/bathers – you don’t want to miss out on the opportunity for a swim in one of those soothing lakes of which there are over 100 to choose from!
- Refillable water bottle to keep hydrated for all the action
- A driver’s license if you’re planning on doing any 4WD-ing.
- A couple of t-shirts
- Jeans or leggings and a jumper for the evenings in case it’s a little cooler and you’re camping or want to sit out after sundown.
- Couple pairs of shorts – pockets are always handy!
- Essential toiletries only!
- Insect repellant especially if you’re visiting between October and March (the warmer months!)
- Portable charger for phone/camera
- Waterproof lightweight jacket if travelling in the wet season (usually around March)
- Enough underwear to suit the length of your visit
- A small backpack that it all comfortably fits in to!
Most importantly, you’ll want to come armed with your sense of adventure as times on Fraser are fun-filled and action packed.
Find your Fraser Island adventure at www.dropbearadventures.com.au