Backpacker Travel Guide Perth Western Australia
Visit “Rotto” Rottnest Island
- The capital of Western Australia.
- Climate:- Warm during most of the year, with cooling sea breezes in summer.
- Season:- Winter (June – August)
- Weather in August:- rainy
- Price guide
Prices 1st July 2020 – 30th June 2021
Fare Type Base Price Admission Fee Adult $68.00 $19.50 Senior/Student $58.00 $19.50 Child (4-12) $42.00 $7.00 Toddler (2-3) $25.00 NIL
- Duration:- 8 hours
- Features of the standard tour:-
- Up to 1-hour scenic Swan River Cruise
- Free time to settle in one of the 20 bays and 63 secluded beaches
- Visit to Wadjemup or Bathurst Lighthouses and West End boardwalk
- Choice of a visit to Lomas Cottage, Rottnest Island Museum or Pilot Boathouse.
- Cathedral Rocks seal spotting (humpback whale spotting in late September – November)
- Quokka, dolphins and fur seal spotting on Rottnest Island
- Optional features in selected tours:-
- Free exploring the island on the bike (tour with bike hire only)
- Choice of snorkelling or stand-up paddle-boarding
- 90 minute high-speed adventure wildlife cruise and marine and birdlife spotting (adventure speed boat ride tour only)
- Choice of visiting historical attractions
- Hotel pick up and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Bicycle hire, helmet and security lock (selected tours only)
- 90-minute coach tour (selected tours only)
- Round-trip ferry to Rottnest Island
- Rottnest Island Authority fee
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Notes for traveller safety and comfort:-
- When booking, select your ferry departure location to Perth
- Bike helmets must be worn while cycling on the island. Failure to do so could result in a fine.
- The tour with the Adventure Speed Boat ride is not suitable for children under 4, expectant mothers, passengers with a pre-existing back injury or confined to a wheelchair
- The Adventure Speed Boat tour is seasonal. Operates from mid-September to April.
Like this, Read this: Perth to Broome Coach tours 2019